Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Day 5 Tulum Ruins

Our final ruins tour of the trip was spent at Tulum. I was so happy to go because even though we had been there 2 years ago I didn't remember much of it because I swear I had sun stroke that day. I made sure this time I brought my big floppy hat and was ready to go. So right after our swim and lunch we headed on to Tulum.

This time we got to ride the little shuttle which was awesome because in the afternoon it was pretty hot. There were people everywhere too.
Tulum makes quite a great first impression!
Helaman was our tour guide again. We were so glad because he does such a super job. #HelamanTours
The Temple
We had so many great spots to take pictures it was hard to choose. 
There was even the occasional photo bomber!
What a great experience this was to see ancient Mayan sites and have things explained to us so well. We would have missed so much if we had tried to go on our own.
Here is the descending God. A symbol of Christ. One of many such symbols
 One of the best things about Tulum is that it's right on the ocean. So that means the occasional ocean breezes and a fantastic view!

 It's just a wonderful place. So beautiful and so rich in history. We would go back a third time in a heartbeat!

No comments: