Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Day 5 Coba Ruins

Another day dawned bright and early for us on another Helaman tour day. First stop of the day was Coba.
We rode bikes between the various ruins at Coba. 
 It was really fun even though it's been a long long time since I've ridden a bike.
Then came the climb to the top!! It was treacherous in my opinion. Very smooth rocks that were very close together. Luckily there was a rope to hang onto going up and down. Going up was actually easier. And the view from the top was one of a kind.
I/m not ashamed to say I scooted down on my butt. Better safe than sorry!
After the climb up and down my legs were shot so I got a rickshaw going back on the trail instead of riding my own bike. Again NOT sorry lol.

 It was amazing to see how fast the jungle took over parts of the ruins. The trees were so distructive with their roots but yet it was also beautiful.
Coba was beautiful. But now it was time for lunch.

No comments: