Monday, April 16, 2012

Mom & Dad Visit

Just about 3 weeks after Hayden left my Mom & Dad came down. They came to thaw out I guess from the nasty Canadian winter. We did lots of stuff while they were here that was a little different than their life at home. Mendis is at church most evenings so we watched alot of movies and got them caught up on some of our old favorites. We went weight lifting and walking at the high school one night. Luckily there are no pictures of that!!
One night we even made it up to the High School to watch Cymoni play JV Basketball. IT was that amazing double overtime game that the pirates won with 4 players on the court. Definitely a good one to see. It was so fun to watch them. I especially like Cymoni's number...21!
At Christmas time Mom & Dad bought the 4 of us a gourmet meal on Travelocity from Chef Simon's restaurant in the Palms. I think at first they thought it was THE chef Simon because he had been on the Iron Chef America show but it was a different Simon. I was a little nervous about taking them to the Palms especially since our tickets came with passes to the PlayBoy Club. I just knew it was going to be a noisy night and they would be disappointed. Well luckily I was wrong. It was a delightful meal. The restaurant was very classy and we had a lovely evening. We were without question the oldest people in the whole place but we had a nice time. Loved the fireplace behind us there.
The decor was really nice and this picture does not do it justice at all. That's the pool right behind a huge wall of glass.
Our dessert was Chef Simon's junk food. It was cute mini versions of traditional junk food: Cotton candy, Carmel corn, Hostess cupcakes, brownies, cookies all to share. It was fun.
After dinner we went over to the Venetian because mom has always wanted to go there and ride the gondola. So we got her a gondola ride for her birthday. She loved it...not so sure about dad hahah but he was a good sport about it.

1 comment:

Jolynn said...

Well I'm glad you were wrong about Chef Simon's place. Sounds like it was great, and I love the junk food dessert!!! How awesome. All my fave things! (I love cotton candy!)