Thursday, September 16, 2010

Family Fun on Labor Day Weekend

I found out a few days before Labor Day weekend that my sister Beth and her daughter Tori were going to be in Provo for a few days before heading on up to Rexburg. Tori was due to start her 1st semester at BYUI. It was actually cheaper for them to fly into Salt Lake and rent a car and drive to Rexburg verses flying to Idaho.
So naturally when I heard they were going to be in Provo I thought it would be great to go on up and see them. I hopped into the car Friday right after Hayden's football game in Hurricane and headed up. I spent the weekend with Christina. We had such fun that weekend. Christina and I got some errands done Saturday morning like getting her car fixed and picking up Ashley's baby present. We met everyone at the BYU Bookstore and hung out in the Cougar Eat while the football fans headed on up to the game. It was there I was introduced to chocolate covered cinnamon bears! Truly a delight.
We then hopped into the car and took a lovely drive. We drove by 3 Temples on the way. Here is Beth and I at the Timp Temple:
Here are the 4 of us with the Temple in the background.We went up over the point of the mountain and through the gorgoeous homes all the way to the Draper Temple and back. Love this picture of the Draper temple.We headed back to Provo for dinner. We decided to go to Heaps otherwise know as the Brick Oven. It was fabulous and we had a great time until we stepped out the door. Little did we know while we finished up dinner the football game just got out...late. We got stuck in the parking lot for about an hour while we waited for the traffic to ease up. Well it was fun to have another hour to visit!


No comments: