Saturday, March 24, 2018

Trip of a Lifetime

March 23 we hit the road for a trip we'd been planning for ages. Our friends from our BYU days had been living in Hong Kong for a couple of years and since it was quite possible they'd be coming home to the states at any time we decided to hurry and pull the plug and visit them there. We talked about it for years and we knew we were running out of time so we did it.
Our flight from Las Vegas left at 8am and we were on the way to Seattle.

After a layover in Seattle we were on our way. Just for kicks I asked in Seattle how much it would be to upgrade to business class and it was only $10,000 per ticket plus the ticket change fee of $200. 

 The view over Alaska was pretty amazing:

 Russia and China looked pretty much like I expected. Bleak and cold. What I didn't enjoy was looking out the window and seeing two other jets out there. Seemed rather crowded in the air. We were all cruising at the same altitude above the clouds. Freaked me out.
 The food was plentiful on the airplane and actually pretty good. I had snacks a plenty just in case.
15 hours later we finally arrived in Hong Kong Saturday night.
Doug met us at the airport and we took a train and a taxi back to their apartment for the night. I think I fell asleep around 5am!

No comments: