Friday, March 2, 2018

Tennessee Trip

What an great trip this was. We crammed so much in it was incredible. Mendis had meetings and this included the whole board for the annual meeting. I loved the hotel. It was a restored art deco style place that was so cool. There were amazing architectural details everywhere.
Our very first night wasn't so fun though. There was a tornado warning downtown that night and I was scared to death. I stayed up late because I just knew we'd have to evacuate in the middle of the night.  I didn't sleep much!
The next morning I was on my own so I made the most of my time. I found a little place that used to be part of the Union Pacific for a fabulous breakfast and then I started walking. There were so many amazing places to see.
It was so interesting to see the original Woolworth's where they had the civil rights protest. The inside counter was original but restored. The whole place was made into a really cool restaurant that all the ladies and I went to for pie a couple of days later.
During my exploring I went into the restored Hermitage Hotel. It was amazing. I'm so glad I found it and thoroughly checked it out because I tool Karla back there later to see it.



 It was beautiful inside and out!
 I can just picture the ladies all dressed up on this promenade so many years ago.



 While we walked around we went to the state capital and every interesting looking building around.

I know how to find great places!
 Of course we sought out this place. We bought tons of this delicious treats to take home with us.
We all wandered around downtown every night to check out the sights. We had some great walks and we needed to walk off dinner. One night we got to attend a convention concert by Trace Atkins. We loved it. The wait in line was worth it.
Karla and I make use of our free time during the day. I seek out cool places to see and off we go. Sometimes just us two and sometimes the other wives join us. This afternoon the two of us headed over to the Grand Ole Opry and the Opryland hotel. I love that place and we got lunch there.





 We had dinner with Beth and John one night right downtown by our hotel at Puckets. We love that place. On our last night we met up with Dreah and her family as well. It was such fun to see everyone and we had a great visit. The next day we did something kind of crazy. Well we didn't think so. We hoped in the car and started driving to North Carolina. We hit some crazy fog in the smokey mountains. 
 It was really beautiful even though it was dangerous and also really slowed us down.
We got to Winston Salem in time to take Hayden & Megan out to dinner that night.
After dinner we played with Kallie and visited for awhile and then in no time we had to go. We made it to Ashville where we spent the night. The next morning we got up and drove back to Nashville so we could catch our plane home. It was a whirlwind trip. Lots of work for Mendis and lots of sights to see for me.

No comments: