Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Day 5 Man Mo Temple/Victoria Peak/Chocolate Tea

We crammed in soooo much on this day. I guess we really did everyday. 
We got a decent start on the day. This is the Holyoak's apartment building and it just so reminds me of the rear window movie.We started by following a travel tip by Rudy Maxa.
 First we took a bus up to the top of the city to start our day.


 Then we rode the world's longest escalator. It wasn't just the one but a huge long series of escalators. It was fun to see it. 
 Part way down was the Man Mo Temple right in the middle of everything again.



 After that we did a little walking and shopping on Hollywood Road which is known for antiques. Loved that. So many interesting stores and booths.
 Not sure who won on this buying/selling session. But it was sure fun to watch!
After some lunch at a great little Italian restaurant we found we took another bus and headed to the top of Victoria Peak on a double decker shuttle. It was absolutely terrifying! Seriously I was sure  I would die. There is no room on the road and we just flew up there on those switch backs. Sadly my videos are too long to share here but I took videos so I could watch those later because I had my eyes closed going up. But the terror didn't end there for me. Once inside the building on the top of the peak there was a series of about 8-10 escalators to get to the top.

 More terror!

The view from the top was spectacular. We took lots of pictures and I was happy to get the heck down from there. Another shuttle bus down and we parted ways with Charisse. We took the Star Ferry across the harbour. 


 
 So iconic. It was wonderful.

We were headed to the Godiva chocolate tea at the ICON hotel. I was so excited. Unfortunately it was super hard to find the place. We barely made it in time. Luckily there was a spot and we were able to move from the bar area to a table in no time.


It was so delightful! I was in heaven. Mendis was a good sport and got into it too especially with the all you could eat soft serve chocolate ice cream.
We found the crowds going back during rush hour.

No comments: