Monday, July 13, 2015

Colorado Springs

We were off with the Ozaki's in July to Colorado Springs for a few days. We flew there since it was quite a drive. Would you believe the whole time it was drizzly and cloudy so we never saw Pike's Peak until the day we were leaving of course! We loved it. But it would have been great to take the cog train up to the top of the mountain but there was hardly any point.
This was the inaugural flight for my new luggage that I got for my birthday!
Airport selfie
While we were there we ate at a couple of Diners, Drive Inns & Dives places. Randall is always great at scoping those out for us. The Bagel Deli was fun. A real Jewish Delicatessen so I had my first taste of knish and matzo ball soup. Pretty darn good. The Denver Biscuit Co was amazing. It was only open until two each day so we hit that on our way to the airport going home. Now it was incredible. Lori and I both got the french toast biscuits to go thinking we would eat them on the plane but we were still so stuffed we didn't have ours until the next day.
We have always wanted to see the Garden of the Gods. It was a little smaller than I thought it would be but just beautiful. We thought on our way back through we would hike a bit but it was raining by then so we just drove through. So now we have to go back because the hiking trails looked so fun.
 Randall had also scoped out this cool castle. Ayre Castle that had limited tours that were unfortunately all full for the rest of our time there so another thing we have to go back and do. When I looked online I saw that they did afternoon teas that Lori and I were dying to go to. Rats they were all sold out too!!
 We went to these cliff dwellings that were right there. I didn't think it would be that much of a big deal after Mesa Verde etc but they were very cool. You could go all around in them so that made it even more cool.

 
 It was misty all day threatening to pour and finally it did let loose so we went to the Cave of the Winds. I love caverns so I loved it. Still can't see Pike's Peak!
 
 
 
 
 
 Here we are touching the only rock you are allowed to touch. Good luck was promised so we will see.
Lori and I walked all around old town Colorado City and Manitou Springs and shopped and explored one day. We hit this place for lunch and had some amazing homemade butternut squash ravioli.
Last food pic of the post I promise!

 On our last night we went to Tucannos to celebrate Randall's birthday. We love that place. During dinner it started to pour and HAIL and everything. There was lightening and quite the storm hit. We kinda enjoyed that too except the rain was leaking in where Lori was sitting.


No comments: