Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Gallery of Art

Today we all got together again and had lunch. We went to the cafeteria in the Russell building so it was convenient for everyone. After lunch we had a little bit of time so we did a few exhibits in the Holocaust Museum. We didn't have tickets for the main exhibit so we had to go back another day to see that. The guys had appointments and since I had a couple of hours before we met up I went to the Gallery of Art. I have always wanted to go there and it didn't disappoint.
 This is a famous DaVinci painting. This man was giving instruction on it is a tour so I hung out for awhile so I could hear all about it and learn too.
 It's not as famous as the Mona Lisa but famous in its own right. It was amazing. You couldn't even see a brush stroke.
 It is two sided and this is the back of the painting seen through a window in the wall for viewing.
 The gallery itself was beautiful. I loved being there.

 




 There is something amazing about seeing all thee famous works of art. I even recognized some from our Masterpiece game.

 After the museum. I spent a little time waiting for dinner. I was beat so I took a little nap at the botanical gardens. Yup I found a private peaceful spot in DC, amazing. We met up at the Taco Coast for dinner and had a great meal together before walking over to the WW 2 memorial.




It was a great memorial. We loved it. It got crowded with middle school kids yelling everywhere so that spoiled things of course. Ijust think they are too young to appreciate the reverence needed a place like DC. But another busy and action packed day.

No comments: