Monday, August 22, 2011

The Blum Family Reunion

Let me just say that of all the stupid things I have done in my life and we all know there have been many this ranks right up there with the best of them. I went to my mom's family reunion, the first one in 4 years and didn't pull out my camera! Seriously I should be fired. Well I pulled it out a little tiny bit but didn't take hardly any pictures which is even stupider. Is that a word. SO this post is lacking photo updates of my long lost family:

We spent Friday picking up kids and driving up to Brigham City to join everyone. It was the coolest thing though cause we had everyone of our kids with us. Well Benjy had to work so everyone but Benjy. I got us rooms at the Hampton Inn at Tremonton because we didn't want to drag all our camping gear up there. By the time we checked in it was hard to gather up the grand kids and get over to the reunion since they ere enjoying being out of the car. Can't blame them one bit. They had spend a fun after noon with Aunt Christina at the Children's Museum in SLC and apparently had a ball (also minus a camera hahaha) while we were fighting through construction to get there.

We found Mom at the campground and had a lovely dinner. We were just finishing up and Dad and Wilf & Laura got back from golfing. The only time I thought to take a picture was when Rees was coloring with his new friend/cousin...
Rees & Tate

The next day we met up with everyone at the air museum at Hill Air Force base. I thought it would be cool but it was extremely fun too. Who knew! We had fun checking out all the old planes. After we toured this huge room full of them.
We pretty much lost Mom & Dad in there because they were reading plaques and things and the grand kids were not so much into that not to mention at least one of our kids! This is the only picture I even have of my mom and dad this whole weekend!!

Rees loved the planes and got lots of info out of Grandpa. Not sure which one of them had the most fun.

It was really an amazing museum that I highly recommend. And its FREE!
Hayden entertaining Cooper who had had it with the stroller by then. We wandered all over and stumbled into a hall that lead into another huge room full of newer planes.
Loved the jets, bombs, missiles, helicopters you name it they have it. The best part went unnoticed by us for awhile. Tucked away in the side of the 2nd room is the coolest room ever. It is full of old cockpits that kids can play in and simulator games etc. They even have little uniforms and helmets the kids can dress up in. It was amazing and super fun. Again take the grandkids people!! They will love it.

Hayden having just as much fun as Rees and Cooper! You can push buttons and flip switches to your hearts content and nobody yells at you.
Getting some help from Aunt Chrisi

Two more big kids at play!

Cooper enjoying a cookie. It took him some time but by Monday he had really warmed up to us. He's doing pretty good here at least as long as you feed him!

We had lots of fun playing cards and visiting. We were so busy with the card games we didn't get to see lots of the family hiding out in the air conditioned 5th wheels and rvs but it worked out. We met Slater's new wife Melanie and saw his kids running around with their cousins like a blur. We saw Justin and Tawnia and their fam. Wilf & Laura and Karlie who was babysitting Amber's kids. Andy & Kathy were there too. I was hoping more family would have been there but really we didn't have enough time to really visit with the ones that were there so oh well.
So this was our returning home adventure. Ashley was always running around trying to take care of her kids and was getting frazzled thinking we were getting frazzled. So by Sunday she was on her way to super frazzled. We stopped for lunch at Cracker Barrel. She was hurrying changing Cooper and getting everything ready to go in and unbeknownced to her Cooper dropped her keys he was chewing on inside the car by the door. We didn't discover her keys were locked in until we were loading up to drive home. Luckily I have AAA and they showed up in less than 20 minutes. It took him about 45 minutes though to break into her car enough to unlock the door for her. All was well and off we went in our 3 car caravan headed for Overton.
Hayden was kind enough to point out this sign right by her car while we were waiting.

1 comment:

Jolynn said...

Well I'd say you took quite a few pictures. I mean, there aren't any of Ashley or Christina, or your parents and other relatives, but still, you did okay. I don't think you need to be fired. Looks like a fun and memorable time. We are definitely going to have to check out that museum. Looks like something Jeff would have to spend hours in............