Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Welcome to Dane Comeau


 Dane Comeau was born May 6/2013 at 10:12pm. He was 8 lbs 14 oz and 20 inches long! Finally he was here after a long, long wait for his arrival.
 He is the cutest little chubby cheeked baby! I got to meet him the next day at the hospital. He is just adorable. I think he looks so much like Cooper. Naturally I have no pictures of me holding him! Hopefully Ashley has one for me.
 I went in first thing Monday morning when the hospital told Ashley they could take her early (which was still late) to induce her. I kept the boys while Ashley & Benjy spent the day at the hospital. We built a fort, watched movies, did puzzles, colored, read books, played in the sandbox, went to McDonalds, got groceries, played with toys, napped, ate, bathed, got ready for bed and still no baby! Finally later that night Dane came into the world. The next morning the boys and I went to the hospital to meet the baby. We spent the rest of the day doing the same stuff until Ashley got checked out late that night. I drove home at about 11pm so I could go to work the next day. I came back in on Friday and went with Ashley to the pediatrician appointment.
 Yeah!! Dane was gaining weight back again. We picked up a few things then headed back to their house. I did some cooking for them and headed back home again later that evening.
 Saturday Mendis and I came in to go shopping and eat out for mother's day and Mendis got to see the baby too.

 Cooper has his turn to hold him. Rees was at Grandpa & Grandma Comeau's so he wasn't there for a picture.
 The next week Ashley came out after work on Thursday and I took the night shift with Dane for her. I have to say it was pretty tiring since he didn't sleep great until after two but it was really so much fun. I was happy to burp him and rock him and try to comfort him back to sleep. I am sure that is because I knew he was going back to his house the next day!!

Of course he slept like a rock the whole morning. All too soon it was time for them to return home and I settled in for a much needed nap. Three grandsons....where is the time flying off too?

No comments: