Sunday, July 1, 2018

Redcliff in June

Mendis and I had such a busy June and we had huge plans. I had my fab sisters retreat. Mendis & I went to the Winn buffet for my birthday. We went to Tuacahn. I ran down to California to see Dr Nixrad and get some treatments. I got Mike to do my hair. We had Dr Jensen & Carolyn's mission farewell bla bla bla. The big event at the end of the month was a quick trip to Redcliff to see mom & Dad for 4 days. We had tickets to go June 27 and return July 1. Well poor Mendis got really sick and there was no way he was going to be able to fly to Canada. Of course this was the time we didn't have trip insurance. So really the only thing to do was for me to just go by myself. It's a good thing Mendis didn't tough it out thinking he would be better soon because he was basically sick the whole time.
It was good to spend time with Mom & Dad but what an epic fail really because I did not take even ONE picture of them. I guess I was rattled.
The day I flew in a took some pictures of stores I went to because they are only in Canada:

That feels super lame now. So I shopped a bit and drove to their house. I racked up a ton of data charges using GPS. OOPS!! When I first saw Mom I was shocked at how much she had aged since last time I saw her. She had just aged so much and couldn't even stand up straight. She had lost some weight and seemed more feeble. Well they both did. She felt angry to me too at times. I'm not sure why because her life was about the same as it had always been. We did some gardening one day and poured salt all over the weeds in the back by the fence she wanted done. Mom and I spent some time going through genealogy but it didn't really help me much. I did take pictures of all her group sheets and some family pictures just in case I didn't have them. It was a pretty quick trip because Sunday I was back on the way home. It was only when I was about half way to Calgary that I realized I had no pictures of them. At all. I had stopped to take some scenery pictures and it hit me like a ton of bricks.




Mendis and I decided we have just got to make it home more. I'm not sure how we are going to pull it off but they are the only parents I have and time won't stand still.

No comments: