Saturday, July 14, 2018

Colorado Springs

Mendis and Randall had meeting in Colorado Springs so Lori and I went too to get out of the heat. That's always a great idea. We had a little time before and after meetings. For some reason we thought driving to the top of Pike's Peak was a great idea. I mean it sounded great but who knew how terrifying it was really going to be!


We just kept going up and up and up. And NO guardrails by the way. None!
 And then there was the rain making it slippery, not my favorite.
Like everything in life pictures do not do it justice. It was terrifying. The air was so thin up there at the top and it was raining so we didn't stay long. Just got some smashed pennies for the grandkids and got out of there.
While the guys had meetings I introduced Lori to the spa. 
Leslie our fearless leader had organized a train trip for the group. It was fantastic.
I'm so glad we could do it.




The scenery was so beautiful and it's a train so how bad could it be!
 After the meetings were over we took one more day and went to Denver. We couldn't resist going to a Rockies game while we were there. We always love a baseball game especially when the seats are this fantastic. I'm always happy to pay my way to Mendis' meetings out of town. Who wouldn't.


No comments: