Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Trip to Canada Part 1



Christina and I took a little road trip together this July. We jumped in her cute little car and headed up to Canada. My adventures started Thursday after work. I ran home from work right at 5pm changed my clothes, grabbed my stuff, kissed hubby good bye and drove up to Provo. I didn't get there until pretty late but it was fun to hang out at Christina's place for the night. The next morning we hit the road and went straight north. Here we are starting off: She had set up her ipod with traveling music just for the trip with a mere 384 songs so we were pretty prepared. We were shocked at all the construction we hit all the way up there. Seriously it was insane. Our 1st official stop was at Idaho Falls. The Temple was a must and Walmart and not necessarily in that order! Everyone laughs when they see this picture because I actually took a picture of a rest stop in Montana. Brings back great memories though cause last time I was here was with Ashley and Rees on our Canada trip. There was snow everywhere and Rees needed to get out of his car seat for a minute. We cruised right through Butte (pronounced butt-eee in our family) taking a few pics of the statue of Mary on the mountain there. It is a tribute to mothers! I needed the tribute to prepare myself for the upcoming horrors of the day.
Then we headed all the way to Helena where we stopped for dinner. Bad idea. We stopped at Perkins Family Restaurant since the construction was herendous and we couldn't find much else. The waitress who was apparently leaking brain cells through her many facial piercings actually GAVE me the senior discount!! Yeah!! I have never been so insulted in my life. This was not worth the huge $2 savings believe me.So we laughed and carried on about this all the way to Great Falls where I got hit with episode #2. When I was having a heart attack about the cost of the room ($125) the clerk said they had AAA discounts and AARP and did I have one of those cards to help with the cost. WOW. I have failed in my quest to even look my age. For pete's sake people I am not even 50...yet. So after much tossing and turning over the sad events of the day I gave it up and fell asleep. The next afternoon we got to the border with no more "incidents". We got through pretty darn fast with only a small lecture about stopping and waiting at the stop sign until told to advance(Christina was excited to get going). The guy was a twit.
We arrived at mom and dad's house and were given the red carpet treatment...literally. Pretty cool. More to follow...

2 comments:

Michele and Todd said...

How much fun would that be to have a road trip like that one. I loved the part about the waitress givng you a senior discount. You look very far far away from that senior thing for sure!

Jolynn said...

I can totally relate to the senior cit thing. Had it happen to me too. And yeah, the discount is hardly worth the ego kill. Your trip sounds fun otherwise!